• georgieb posted an update in the group Uplifts and implants: 14 years, 6 months ago

    Hey Jody112, yes I think tomorrow may be tape removal day for you.

    The tape coming off was ok for me – just like pulling off a massive plaster. It did twinge a bit coming off around the wounds but it was really well padded underneath. The thing i wasn’t prepared for was how odd the sensation of the steri-strips coming off would be. My boobs felt kind of ‘stuck-on’ out of the tape and very numb but I could feel the strips being pulled off and that was a bit sharp in places where the wounds haven’t fully closed. It wasn’t painful, just really weird and coz I wasn’t used to the sensation or expecting it made me feel a bit funny.

    The one thing I would say is when you get your sports bra on make sure it fits ok. I bought a macom and walked out of the nurses room with it on but thought it was rather tight (she had seen how it was and not mentioned anything). I had an hour to kill so went into leeds to buy a bigger sports bra as I just didnt feel right. When I went back to see Mr Kazzazi (as I didnt see him post-op at all he wanted to check everything was ok) he said the macom was too tight and would ruin his work. He made me change into the new bra there and then to check that it was ok, which it thankfully was.

    Sorry for the essay, being stuck at home not doing much means I end up writing loads lol. Plus its either being on the forums or doing uni work and this is much more appealing at the mo! x