Horner Shelton posted an update 11 years, 9 months ago
Jumping Rope for Health and Fat Loss – Finding a Good Rope Can Be Challenging!
At this time of year, my fitness workout seriously fizzles. When the weather turns cold, I have absolutely no inspiration to enjoy my normal run or bike. I do not even want to venture out and make my way to the gym, so that’s when I begin searching for things I can do in the house like fitness videos and strength training utilizing body weight exercises.
For cardio and interval training, I have actually found that jumping rope is a good option. It’s inexpensive, doesn’t take up much space like other cardio workout devices, and it’s in fact enjoyable. The main thing is discovering a jump rope that works.
I was looking for a rope that’s made for interiors so that it would not leave marks on my wood floors. I also wanted one that is comfy to hold because I remember the calluses the plastic jump ropes would leave back when we jumped with them in school.
I attempted using a steel cable rope that worked okay, however it was too long and I could never get it set to the ideal length. It also stung if I inadvertently hit my ankles with it. I attempted another rope that tended to kink up when it turned, which was discouraging because I needed to stop and unwind it every couple of minutes.
The rope I purchased last does not appear to have any of these issues and so I’m pretty happy with it. I purchased it from Amazon for a lot less than I’ve seen it sold in sporting goods stores and got the complimentary two-day shipping with it. I was able to get it to exactly the right length without any problem, I can jump quickly or slow, the rope does not get twisted, and the handles are comfortable to hold. Be taught further on our partner article by clicking Get yours now at amazon.com/Deluxe-Jump-Rope-Easy-use/dp/B00GIZLD7U/jump rope/. It comes with a suggested 15-minute HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) workout that I have actually modified a bit, however it’s a good beginning point for a newbie to HIIT.
Here’s more information on the rope that works for me:.
Start a live chat session with one of our expert advisors.