2 1/2 weeks post op and a wedding to attend, help what bra can I wear?? Started by: Kaye76

• Author
    18p
    Menu

I’ve got a wedding to go to next weekend and I’ll be 2 1/2 weeks post op, obviously the high impact sports bra is going to ruin the look of any nice dress so I was wondering would I be ok to buy a normal non-wired bra to wear for the evening or even better do you think I’d get away with running free (no bra) for the evening?
    Don’t want to cause any damage to my new boobs but would like to look nice, plus it’ll be the first time I’ve been out since surgery.
    Your advice would be appreciated, thanks very much.

Laura 47
    47p
    Menu
    +1

I personally would stick to the surgical bra 24/7. At 2 1/2 weeks your implants won’t be in place properly and you could cause some irreparable damage. I went out to meet friends for lunch the week after my BA in a lovely dress but it had a higher neck line and full straps. I wore my Macom underneath and it looked fine x

Kaye76 18
    18p
    Menu

Thanks Laura, not really what I wanted to hear but what I expected I suppose………..
    I’m so pleased that I have boobs at last and they’re not saggy that I don’t want to do anything that may cause any damage.

Sophie 90
    90p
    Menu

Do you have macom bra? As their straps are thin and it sits lower down so can get away with wearing most stuff. If not a few girls on here have the strappy post surgery bra from m and s which looks like a normal bra x

Menu

I’m in the same boat… I’m due to have my ba next Monday with a wedding 17days after… can’t buy a dress or anything as yet for fear of swelling etc xx

Kaye76 18
    18p
    Menu

@sophy – I’m wearing M&S high impact post surgery bras, they’re very comfortable but quite bulky if you know what I mean. I’m thinking a high neck top/ dress would hide it best although I’ll have a look at the other M&S post surgery bars, thanks.

@Lisa
    – Next Monday how exciting! Good Luck.
    All my usual clothes still fitted after surgery the swelling wasn’t that bad (well apart from some dresses that were already a bit tight up top) if you get something stretchy with a high neckline you should be ok wearing your surgery bra.

Anna-Marie 20
    20p
    Menu
    +1

Hey Hun

I went to a wedding last night.
    I defo think you should stick to the post up bra if anything do two buttons down as I did.

I really needed it on but I’m
    1 week post 🙂

L Collins 2
    2p
    Menu
    +1

I’ve just got. M&S post opp bra so soft xx
    Better than my sports bra for comfort .. still tender n uncomfortable on scar area n ribs .
    Also leaning over not good but only on week n half post opp

Stacey 496
    496p
    Menu

I wouldn’t risk it Hun esp not at 2 and half weeks I had my hen do this weekend and I’m 6 weeks post op to moz and I still wore my mya bra all weekend cxcc

Anonymous
    14p
    Menu
    +1

A non wired bra should be fine as long as its tight enough on the band. As suggested by someone else on the thread the marks and Spencer sumptuously soft ones are great they have thin straps come in a few different colours and are soft and go upto an E cup!

I bought one before my op and showed my surgeon as well as a few other bras as I didn’t know what to go for. Marks and Spencer do the same sumptuously soft bra but for post op (mastectomy) with room for pads so it’s defo ok. Post op I wore a sloggi cotton crop top tht my surgeon (Dr Fiumara) wanted me to wear as she isn’t a fan of macoms or hardcore post op compression bras and my boobs are fine I’m nearly 8 months post op. I didn’t end up using it because she said the sloggi was fine and it was the cheapest so I took it back plus my boobies were a lot bigger than the DD I’d bought! I’m a FF! In the end I bought a few John Lewis crop top bras that also have super thin strap that’s really similar to the marks and Spencer one. I wear them when I want a break from a traditional bra and they’re so comfy

As long as u don’t go braless u should be ok as the bra is giving u support!

http://www.marksandspencer.com/sumptuously-soft-non-wired-full-cup-bra-aa-e/p/p60097431?extid=ps_gglpla_UK_Gen_,Lingerie%20_PLALingerie%20–%3E%20Bras%20–%3E%20DD%20%20Bras_M&S%20Sumptuously%20Soft%20Non-Wired%20Full%20Cup%20Bra%20AA-E%20PALE%20ROSE%2032&s_kwcid=AL!2750!3!176576729263!!!g!281962831595!&device=m&cvosrc=ppc%20shopping.google.Lingerie%20%3E%20Bras%20%3E%20DD%2B%20Bras&cvo_pid=39869385540&ef_id=WDlPwwAABZJpTAl6:20170725182043:s&mcptredirect

https://m.johnlewis.com/john-lewis-satin-band-crop-top-bra/p/1201265?sku=232614598&s_kwcid=2dx92700014013584453&tmad=c&tmcampid=2&gclid=CjwKCAjw2NvLBRAjEiwAF98GMagm2JnVsLb-PJlyfnASYDoP-RREP-FBkplKr12HYqCHNO6MaPElgRoCraoQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Hope that helps! Fxx

Leanne 16
    16p
    Menu

I really recommend the MYA bras!

You must log in to reply to this topic.

Arrange a free consultation

Need some help?

Start a live chat session with one of our expert advisors.

Start Chat

Don't notify me about this again.