1 day post op uplift and 155cc overs, no nipple sensation Started by: Vic

• Author
    22p
    Menu

Hi ladies, so I had my surgery yesterday, surgeon happy all went well. I’m totally strapped up with a binder so no good pics to share yet. I did undo it earlier for a quick peak and a wash and noticed I had no sensation in either nipple. Does anyone know is this normal and how long it can take to come back? I’m taking co-codamol, ibuprofen and antib’s. feeling absolutely shattered and finding it quite uncomfortable to sit up etc. Can anyone tell me when they started to feel more comfortable and a bit more normal. Fingers crossed for some sleep tonight, although I’m usually a tummy sleeper so not sure how it will go! TIA xxx

Leon123 4
    4p
    Menu

Good to hear your op went well! Hope you aren’t in too much pain, I’ve not had an op yet but looked quite a lot into it and apparently to lose nipple sensation is normal for the first 6 weeks, some people’s will become more sensitive and others won’t fully regain sensation but think this is rare. Also read there is a V shaped pillow you can get which should help you sleep, I had one for an op I had last year, similar to what people use on a plane but a lot bigger and comfier! Hope you feel better tomorrow and get some sleep tonight xxx

Vic 22
    22p
    Menu
    +1

Thankyou Leon123 that’s really reassuring xx I got some sleep last night using my old nursing pillow but have sent husband out on a mission to buy me a V pillow xxx

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Lea 14
    14p
    Menu

Hi Vic, how are you feeling today? I had my op yesterday and feeling quite sore and tight especially with all the strapping. Just wondering how your pain is now after a few days? X

Vic 22
    22p
    Menu

Hey Lea, glad you’re ok was looking out for a post. What a long wait you had! The pain has been alot worse than I anticipated and after 3 kids I thought I had quite a high pain threshold 🙂 I was up crying night two. Day 3 was definitely the worse for me and the trying to sit up reposition just horrible and scary you feel like you’re going to pop open some stitches or something don’t you! It is definitely getting better though Lea and I have started to feel like I’m turning the corner now 🙂 I’ve stopped my co codamol not had any since yesterday as it just knocks me out! So just on paracetamol and ibuprofen. Rest makes all the difference I’ve been out the last two days just for an hour or two but it’s knackering me and I can’t wait to get back to sofa. Feels weird cause I’m usually so active I’m also really bloated, feel like I’d pop if someone stuck a pin in me. My boobs have started to drop a bit already though so happy with them so far. They are really bruised though. Can’t wait til Monday for dressings and binder off xxx

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Vic 22
    22p
    Menu
    +1

Ps I got the V shaped pillow, amazing! Love it thankyou xx

Lea 14
    14p
    Menu

Hi hun. So glad it’s all getting better for you. They look so good, I hate the fact I can’t see mine till next Thursday 🙁 I know what you mean by sitting up or any movements, I feel like I’m constantly hunched over in case I tear anything and i’m really bloated too I literally look pregnant and it’s def not a food belly as I’ve no appetite at all, those tabs knock me for 6.
    I’m hoping I’m going to start feeling better within next 3 days. I noticed a lot of girls said on here it gets better after day 4 (so fingers crossed)
    Keep us updated on how your getting on and I’ll be uploading pics next Thurs!! Yours look great, cant wait to follow your progress xxx

Leon123 4
    4p
    Menu

Wow Vic your pics look amazing! You must be so pleased. So glad you got the V pillow, hope it helps you sleep better xxx

You must log in to reply to this topic.

Arrange a free consultation

Need some help?

Start a live chat session with one of our expert advisors.

Start Chat

Don't notify me about this again.