1 day post op when can i lie down? Started by: Anonymous

• Author
    0p
    Menu

My back is really hurting, i was advised to sleep propt up and my bfs making sure i do but my back really aches i just want to lie flat on it am i not allowed?

Molly
    0p
    Menu

Hi Yasmine, I had the same problem with my back, I didnt have any boobie pain but my back was killing me. Try sleeping on the sofa, it was a life saver for me…really helped and had no back pain what so ever 🙂 I hap my post op appointment on Thursday and the nurse said give it one more week before I lie flat so that will be 2 and a half weeks after my BA. Happy healing hun 🙂 x x

Jodie
    0p
    Menu

Hi hun. I am 10 days post op and had my check yesterday. From sleeping at an angle for the past 9 days it left a build up of fluid at the base of my spine (from the pressure build up) so the nurse said to me I should sleep flat from now on as it will ease the back pain, get rid of the fluid build up and will also help flatten the creases on my tummy. Also my incisions have pretty much healed on my boobs so she said as long as I wear my bra at night I should be ok. I did what Molly did for the first week – I slept on the sofa as it was easier than the bed but still killed my back!! Give the clinc a call and explain if the back pain is really becoming an issue and see what they recommend. xxx

Menu

Hi my op is tommorow and woundering is it best to have 2 v pillows one for behind you and one for your boobs and when your sleeping is the v pillow meant for under your boobs, i know this question probably sounds so stupid x

Molly
    0p
    Menu

Hi Jasmine, just one v pillow behind you is fine with a couple of other pillows, you dont need a boobie pillow for sleeping :-). If you are travelling in a car I would suggest putting a pillow accross your chest with the seat belt over it tho 🙂 x x

Menu

Thanks ok i wasnt to sure you see, i was going to take my v pillow to the hospital anyway and for the car journey back xx

Menu

Did you take arnica tablets on the morning of your op my admission time in 8 am xx

Keeley
    0p
    Menu

Had my op yesterday morning and i I slept on my back all night last night no one told me otherwise??? :/ x

LuLu
    0p
    Menu

Yeah I did as well @keeley. I think whatever position is the most comfy for you if best. I’m sure I was on my side at one point! You don’t know what you do in your sleep! X.

Anonymous
    0p
    Menu

Lulu and keeley it’s becos it reduces swelling. I hate it so uncomfortable

Keeley
    0p
    Menu

I’m sat her watching telly propt up and yes ypur right it’s horrid feels much better laid out on your back, how long should swelling normally last? X

Anonymous
    0p
    Menu

God knows can be one week 2 or more but depends on persons? Did u have overs or unders?

Keeley
    0p
    Menu

I had overs:) u?? X

Anonymous
    0p
    Menu

same i dread to think how much pain id have with unders!

Rachel -1
    -1p
    Menu

i’m having unders in 16 days, im dreading this sleeping malarky! this build up of fluid at the base of the spine and creases in the stomach really doesnt sound too good 🙁 xx

Jodie
    0p
    Menu

Ahh @Rachel don’t worry hun honestly! I had a tummy tuck and BA at the same time and the creases on my tummy are from the tummy tuck so there’s no chance of you getting those hun! The fluid at the spine has already gone down and I’ve not heard I anyone else getting it so its probs just my abnormally long coccyx that has done it lol!! Xx

Janine
    0p
    Menu

Hi there, I’m 6 days post op and have been sleeping upright since my op on Tuesday . I have pins and needles in my bum and lower back and i can’t stand for too long at the moment because of back ache! These boobies better be worth it! Those V pillows are a life saver tho.

My right boob is so much more painful than my left and I can move my left arm much more freely than the right. Anybody else had this?? Xx

Elif
    0p
    Menu

Ive been using Nytol ‘one-amight’ to help me sleep. That combined with pain killers works a treat! Knocks me right out. Also as well as a V shaped pillw i’ve been using one of thse U shaped neck pillows, yu know the ones you get or aeroplanes? Has really helped! Id be lost without it xx

You must log in to reply to this topic.

Arrange a free consultation

Need some help?

Start a live chat session with one of our expert advisors.

Start Chat

Don't notify me about this again.