1 year post Rhino with Dr Gonschior and cant breathe! Started by: MissLucyxxx

• Author

Hi Girls/Guys,
    I will be 1 year post op 5th october this year since having open rhino with Dr Gonschior. Im really happy with the shape and look of my new nose. However for the last 6 months i have been unable to breathe properly, my nose always runs and my sinuses can get really tight and i get frequent headaches. the only way i can clear the blocked feeling is using a Nasal Spray that you would normally use for hayfever/cold and flu symptoms which i use 3 times a day.

I have my 1 year check up November 11th with Dr Gonschior. Has anyone else experienced this? its really getting me down and i read it can damage your nose to frequenetly use nasal sprays.

any advice would be helpful. thanks everyone. lucy xxx

Tina 1
    1p
    Menu

hey @MissLucyxxx I don’t know of any remedies to this, have you seen your doctor/surgeon about it? iv been having a similar problem although im only a month PO so I just keep saying to myself to give it more time to heal and I also keep thinking that maybe its just an actual cold although iv never suffered with a cold for this long before. Im scared of damaging the nose aswell because im constantly blowing it, as when its running it seems to literally drip like a tap.. it doesn’t get blocked so much anymore but when it did I had constant headaches and found that Beechams Cold and Flu tablets helped with that and also seemed to stop the nose running for a while, aswell as relieving the headaches but I stopped taking these when it stopped blocking because I know it can be harmful to take tablets for too long.. good luck with this let me know how you get on and hope you don’t mind the friendship request 🙂 xxx

You must log in to reply to this topic.

Arrange a free consultation

Need some help?

Start a live chat session with one of our expert advisors.

Start Chat

Don't notify me about this again.