10 and half hours later….still no op!!! Started by: Amylouk

• Author
    58p
    Menu
    +1

10 and a half hours later still not had my op! Not eaten for 24 hours …offered one glass of water….urine sample left in my room for 2 hours. Absolutely disgraceful treatment. No one knows what they are doing and/or seems to care. Been left on my own pretty much all day. Only gets updates when I go out and demand then.If you haven’t booked already go elsewhere! X

Kayleigh 36
    36p
    Menu

That’s soooo bad. I’m two and half weeks post and just before my surgery I wish I never went with them. Always messing me about. And my PC hasn’t even called since she took my money. The sevice they give is very bad.

Amylouk 58
    58p
    Menu
    +1

It’s been disgraceful. I don’t even want the op done as the surgeon will be tired and I can’t be 100% the results will be good! Luckily as my role as a health care co ordinator I work with the CQC who regulate hospitals in the UK. I’m going to out lay the treatment to them and see if they think I have a case. It’s not just the over 10 hour wait. It’s the non eating for 24 hours..no one bothering to check up on you or offering water…I’ve asked for a drip as I feel awful but no ones has bothered . Urine left on my room for over 2 hours then throw in an open bin in my room! Xx

Anonymous
    1p
    Menu

Have you asked to speak to the Manager to get a full refund and compensation for your time and travel hun? X

Zoe Jordan 17
    17p
    Menu

Blimey, I’ve known of the occasional delay before but that’s something else!

Maria 1
    1p
    Menu

This is crazy! I’m so sorry to hear that. Maybe they can pay for your hotel tonight and have your operation scheduled tomorrow? I have my first consultation with them next week. 🙁

Zoe Jordan 17
    17p
    Menu

I hope they do something soon for you. This really isn’t on, the least they could have done was told you there’s a delay. Not fun whatsoever.

I really hope it gets resolved ASAP

It’s easy to say maybe they can do the op tomorrow but its down to schedules of the surgeon, he may not even be there tomorrow and there’s other surgeons there doing ops too.

Zoe Jordan 17
    17p
    Menu

Althougggggh, it’s quiet, maybe she’s gone down by now! Fingers crossed for her.

Anonymous
    1p
    Menu

I hope so but I’m assuming she is speaking to Management now x

Sophie Clare 17
    17p
    Menu

Oh gosh babe how awfull. Hope they sort it at there expense an u get compensation xxxx

Anonymous
    0p
    Menu
    +1

This is horrendous Ive finally made the decision not to use mya for my surgery after seeing a few different providers and I’m so glad! I hope they resolve this and you get some hefty compensation!! Xxx

Amylouk 58
    58p
    Menu
    +1

No I totally regret booking with them!! It’s been a shower of shit from the beginning! X

Anonymous
    1p
    Menu

Omg babe!! It really is Mya’s responsibility to keep you updated, informed and comfortable. Please don’t cry, you will get this sorted in the end. Is your boyfriend coming back? Xx

Anonymous
    1p
    Menu

If it’s too late to do your procedure you should be allowed to eat! How much more uncomfortable do they want you to be??? Ridiculous behaviour x

Anonymous
    2p
    Menu

It’s absolutely ridiculous. I nearly swore then as well in rage! Haha *calm downnnn* I cannot BELIEVE the surgeon won’t even take responsibility for telling you! Somebody better take responsibility, id make some heads roll. I feel awful for you, Its too late for me to back out now but if I was reading this it would be enough to put me off going with them!

miley 17
    17p
    Menu

Omg is this at London? I was there yesterday an got sent home as they said they could hear an infection on my chest. I felt it wasn’t very clean either an no one new what they was doing an some had dark circles round there eyes. Maybe there taking too many people in one day an there tired xxx

Kayleigh 36
    36p
    Menu

dony cry. I feel mad for u aswel its really bad what they have done can not believe it. And what your not getting it done today.?

Menu

I’m shocked and feel so sorry for you! Hang in there hun xxx

Sian 21
    21p
    Menu

:0 this is terrible! So shocking that they can do that to do and no one is there to even reassure you. So sorry hope it works out in the end and the compensate you some how xx

Karolina 42
    42p
    Menu
    +1

@amylouk I have no words tbh and you were so looking forward to this special day….Im so sorry hun and I hope they do sthg to re-compensate all this unpleasant experience. Many hugs your way hun xxx

Nina 48
    48p
    Menu
    +2

It’s safe to say I won’t be booking with Mya!

I hope you get your op soon honey x

Anonymous
    0p
    Menu
    +1

If your operation has been cancelled surely you can eat!?
    how long do they expect you to go without food..
    what a nightmare hun hope they sort this out xx

Sophie 4
    4p
    Menu

I can’t believe the way they’ve treated you! Are you at the Fitzroy in London hun? I had my op there on Sunday, and by the sounds of it for the past week they have been so unorganised there, they left me waiting hours and gave me no information, and the nurses! So rude! I hope things get better for you hun xx

Amylouk 58
    58p
    Menu

Just been told by a nurse it’s not going ahead. She has said its been re scheduled to next Tuesday!! Next Tuesday is no good for me! How dare they rebook without even consulting me. Not one member of the management team has even bothered to come down or call! It’s disgusting. I’m sitting in my room still , my boyfriend is in bed with em too and said I’m not leaving until I get my op tomorrow ……the poor nurse if she wasn’t ringing around the management team no one would bother letting us know! Xx

Anonymous
    2p
    Menu

You cannot just book someone whenever you want to!!!!!!! That’s ridiculous!!!!!! I’m so shocked. It’s utterly disgraceful how you’ve been treated. I wonder if they’ve known this for ages and just not passed the message onto the nursing team.

Kayleigh 36
    36p
    Menu

Omg r they having a laugh… Nooooo way I would want money back I no it’s a pain but they can’t just do that. What do they think that u have all the time in the world lol. Mya is the worse place ever. I can’t even believe they way they treat people. I always thought they was the best.! But clearly know now that they ta waste with the care and after care the surgeon I had me Singh he is lovely. And so far very happy with work. But my god u make sure u eat. And please make a massive complaint. I’m going to with the service I’ve had aswell.

Amylouk 58
    58p
    Menu
    +2

Thanks for all your kind words and messages ladies 🙂 . We have refused to leave so me and my boyfriend are both squeezed into my hospital bed both in open back gowns! Lol. I’ve finally been given some toast from one of the nurses so we are going to try and get some sleep. I want someone from management to come down and speak to me face to face. Even one of the recovery staff said its negligence I was not put on a drip for the amount of time I was not allowed to eat! We will see what tommorrow brings. I’ve lost faith in MYA completely now. Even the management can’t be bothered to call! Xx

Anonymous
    2p
    Menu

Too right!!! Well done guys! Stand up for yourselves. And good luck tomorrow. Get a good nights sleep and please let us know how you get to resolve this. Sorry it’s happened this way, truely awful service never heard anything like it in my life! Xxx

Kayleigh 36
    36p
    Menu

That’s right I wouldn’t go anywhere aswel until u get what u want. I wouldn’t even want surgery there now. Tell them this is all o et the Internet about how poor they treat people.

You must log in to reply to this topic.

Arrange a free consultation

Need some help?

Start a live chat session with one of our expert advisors.

Start Chat

Don't notify me about this again.