12 weeks post op check…Sharing my experience Started by: Anonymous

• Author
    0p
    Menu
    +11

Today was my final 12 week post op appointment, to anybody new this is the day the surgeon signs you off. I have stopped using this page as much so before I stop completely I thought I should share a few words.

I had my surgery on the 21st of January at Preston. The decision to have my breasts done was firmly made when I was 14 years old, slightly over weight on my bottom half and super slim on my top. Since then many years have pasted were I’ve promised myself enough is enough and I’m going to save the money to have surgery, but as I like spending money, the savings never got past £10.

When I was 20 I decided to go look in to my options so I went to another company, had my consultation and almost signed up for a 5 year payment plan to have it done. But as I was about to sign I backed out as something didn’t feel right about it and I started to doubt my decision that having breast augmentation was the right thing to do.

I waited many more years until January the 1st this year I woke up and told myself it’s happening. I researched in to companies and booked an appointment with MYA for 2 days later. At my consultation I felt relaxed – a completely different feeling to how I felt years previous at the competitors consultation. My co-ordinator asked when I was looking to have the surgery to which I replied ‘have you got any appointments next week?’

I saw my surgeon the next day and signed there and then. My surgeon was Mr Traynor and I knew almost straight away I was in the right hands. Did I go for his kindness and understanding of my needs? No. I knew because he was so arrogant he basically said ‘ I don’t care if you want this or not but if you do I will do this, this and this’ ; his own self assurance was what I needed to trust the surgeon.

The build up to the surgery I was an absolute mess. I almost cancelled 20 times after reading 20 horror stories of patients who had regretted having the surgery and how they hated how they looked. Another contributing factor to doubting my decision was my friends and family were completely against the idea and tried their hardest to change my mind.

On the day of the surgery I almost ran out of the hospital in my gown I was so scared. But When Traynor came to see me I started to ease.

All I remember about the surgery is coming round from the anesthetic is the nurse asking me if I would like to see my new boobs and I shouted ‘NO!’ because I was in too much pain but once the drugs kicked in I was absolutely fine.

I’m not going to lie, recovery was AWFUL for me. The first 2 days I was walking round like nothing had happened then on day 3 it hit me like truck and I spent the next 3 days crying and demanding attention and sympathy from my boyfriend. It was also in the 1st week I became concerned that I wasn’t actually very happy with my results and spent every opportunity looking in the mirror wishing i’d gone bigger because I believed they just looked like slightly bigger versions of what I had started with (32 nothings). Another problem I was facing was that I accidentally got my incision wet in week 1, so I spent the next 6 weeks bandaged up and unable to shower. It was hell.

But after 6 weeks by boobs just popped out of nowhere and I fell in love with the way I looked for the first time in 11 years.

it’s now been 12 weeks since the surgery and today Mr Traynor shook my hand and told me I looked beautiful and for the first time in my life I took the compliment because I believed the words the cocky Irish was saying because I finally feel like the woman I was meant to be; strong and self confident which is something all women should feel.

Personally I am not that has had surgery because I want to take my top off and pose with a pout, I did this for myself esteem and so when I looked in the mirror I didn’t hate what I saw. So to anybody thinking about breast surgery because they are self concious; This was the best decision I ever made and has truly changed my life.

Good luck and happy healing!

Nadine 9
    9p
    Menu
    +1

What an amazing story thank you for sharing! This is exactly why I want mine done, so I can look in the mirror and feel happy with what I see, I keep having doubts because of certain things I read and hear but reading this makes me feel I should definitely go for it xx

Danielle 131
    131p
    Menu

Love this post, thank you for sharing your story hun x

Anonymous
    0p
    Menu

Lovely story hun. Xx

Emma 16
    16p
    Menu

Brilliant story Claudia! I love the “cocky Itish” quote. So good to read such a positive post – inc the flakey moments xx

Anonymous
    0p
    Menu

Aww thanks ladies! I feel like I’ve put Traynor in a bit of a bad light but once you get to know him he’s amazing and really understanding. He just gets straight to the point and for that I’d recommend him to anybody. At first I doubted his judgement on the sizing but he’s given me the exact results I was looking for.

Amy – it’s all I did everyday was read bad stories but as strange as it sounds I just told myself you only live once and I can either spend the next few years regretting never going for it and being unhappy or going for it and if anything bad happens, it’s correctable – nobody is going to look like Tara reid these days.

I took the chance but having the right surgeon is everything I did oads of research in to the surgeons at Manchester before I went to the appointment (I also believe Traynor did Kim Marshs boobs?) So I knew i’d be in good hands.

Anonymous
    0p
    Menu

What a great story, I too had Mr Traynor and couldn’t agree with you more, what a truly fantastic surgeon he is…. Xx

Trace 158
    158p
    Menu

I love this story, made me chuckle too!! So glad you’re happy now xx

You must log in to reply to this topic.

Arrange a free consultation

Need some help?

Start a live chat session with one of our expert advisors.

Start Chat

Don't notify me about this again.