Hey
I’m currently two days post op! I had 300 cc high profile implants under the muscle at the Fitzroy by Mr Marcellino.
I had a bit of a crap time of it when I came to from the anaesthetic and was very sick but I can’t fault my nurse. She was absolutely incredibly and if I had been more with it I would of given a hug to say thanks!!
I was just wondering if anyone had any tips to stop the back pain from sleeping at a 45 degree angle? I’m able to deal with it during the day but at night I just can’t sleep or get comfortable and it’s making me so upset already!
Any tips would be so appreciated!
This has been my biggest problem from recovery- the back ache is unreal. Im 7 dpo and still waking although not in as much pain.
I have two pillows propped up like im going to read in bed
Over this i put my v shaped pillow (i have a long pillow from pregnancy that i just fold in half)
At the top of the v shaped pillow i have a thin pillow for my head
Then i have a small towel/travel pillow to support my head as it flops to either side
And finally…
A pillow at top of thigh just underneath your bottom to stop you slipping.
From ~4dpo i felt much better. Hope any of that helps. I get my dressings off tomorrow- i litrally cannot wait to shower!!!
Oh thanks so much @samaj003!!! I feel like I’ve tried every pillow combo at the moment! Had like three hours sleep last night but my back has stopped hurting now. I think I’ve cracked the pillows with a few stacked, then a memory foam on top of that up right and then I sit on a thin pillow and it helps support my lower back. Then I’ve got a travel pillow for my neck ahah
You’re so lucky you’re getting your dressings off!! I can’t wait for mine to be off on Monday, they are starting to feel so itchy!
Do you get shooting pains by the way? Keep getting it on one side towards my armpit and it’s a killer!!
Yes shooting, burning, tingling, stinging. Ive had a variety of lovely aches and pain but i feel like im on tge right side of it now. Ill be so glad to have a shower tonight!
Have you had strapping? Not sure if anyone else found this but as soon as I had that off everything felt so much better, especially sleeping at that angle so it could be that that’s making it so uncomfortable! I have a normal pillow and then 2 v shape pillows, I also tried a pillow under my bum and that seemed to help xx
Hey Lauren, I’ve got strapping and I definitely think it’s the problem!! I undid the Macom bra last night and felt like I could breathe a bit better so I’ve ordered an m&s post surgery bra in the hope that I can at least breathe easily!!! Today is the first day that I’ve not taken pain killers straight away so I’m hoping I’m on the turning point 🙂
You must log in to reply to this topic.
Start a live chat session with one of our expert advisors.