2 weeks post op.. Started by: Faye

• Author
    21p
    Menu

So when I went to my 1 week post op appointment last week the nurse told me everything was fine, she changed my dressings and told me that when I go back the week after they would be taken off and no new ones put on and I would make an appointment in 4 weeks time for my 6 weeks post op appointment. She also told me that after 2 weeks I can shower, lay flat but still only on my back until 6 weeks and was going to let me know about when it would be okay for me to use a sunbed as long as I covered the incisions.

When I went today I saw a different nurse and she told me completely different things! First of all she put new dressings on and told me to keep them on for another 5 days therefor I’m still not ok to shower and have to stick to shallow baths. She then told me I am allowed to sleep on my side after 2 weeks and that I’m not allowed on the sunbed for 12 months no matter what! And she has made me an appointment to go back for a 4 week check up when I was told last week would just have a 6 week one after this!

What has everyone else been told? It’s the sleeping on my side bit I am worried about as one nurse says must wait 6 weeks and another nurse says it’s ok after 2 weeks!

But apart from that they are healing perfectly and I am so happy with the result xx

Anonymous
    1p
    Menu

I started sleeping on my side 6WPO Hun, not sure about all of your questions 🙁 sunbeds also 6WPO but covering up scars for 12months when on sunbeds and also on holiday in the sun. You can mainly do everything from 6WPO, I also showered 2WPO as I had my dressings off.

Hope this helps 🙁 xxx

You must log in to reply to this topic.

Arrange a free consultation

Need some help?

Start a live chat session with one of our expert advisors.

Start Chat

Don't notify me about this again.