2 weeks post op and pain started, help! Started by: Lauren

• Author
    5p
    Menu

So I had my surgery on the 19th of sept, everything went fine and my left side was in a lot of pain afterwards when my right side wasn’t, didn’t think anything into it because the nurse said it was normal for one side to hurt more. I had 300cc overs and the pain stopped around 5 days afterwards and I’ve gone back to work and felt really good, had stitches out and the nurse said it’s healing well.

I’ve had random pains now and then but nothing unusual at all, but today I felt the weirdest thing in my left side underneath my boob wher this incision is and the only way I can describe is that it felt like a pop or a snap it wasn’t painful at all it just felt a little strange but a few hours later a bent down and I felt a sharp pain in the same area, it wasn’t too bad so I carried on getting ready for work but as I got to work I brushed my arm agasint my left boob, and I was in agony the pain was 10 x worse and then the slightest movement just killed I ended up really upset with the pain and paranoid that someone was going to accidentally bump into me so I asked to go home, I checked the incision and it looks fine to me but lifting my bra up really hurt and the slightest touch is just agony.
    Now I’m home I’m petrified of moving my left arm because it’s just an unbearable sharp pain.

I’ve phoned mya twice today and they just said to take pain killers and see how it is tomorrow, they said it could just be the stitches healing but I’m just so worried because it hurts so bad, anyone have any idea what this is? Thanks

Stacey 496
    496p
    Menu

Hi Hun it does sound like you maybe lifted your arm up a bit to sharp and pulled on your internal stitches they can take up to 3 months to fully heal if the pain gets worse or stays the same after a couple of days I would contact your nurse just try to be careful and your still early on in recovery xxx

You must log in to reply to this topic.

Arrange a free consultation

Need some help?

Start a live chat session with one of our expert advisors.

Start Chat

Don't notify me about this again.