3 days post op.. Hair washing ???? Started by: Charlotte

• Author
    7p
    Menu

Hi girls.. I’m 3 days post op and have another 3 to go til I get my strapping off!
    How long did you wait until you could wash your hair by yourself? Mines getting soo bad already! And I can’t get to a hairdressers.. ? I’m debating whether to get my boyfriend to do it for me but I don’t know whether it would be too risky getting it wet as he’s not always the most care fullest person!!?
    Or any other alternatives would be great! X

Leanne 41
    41p
    Menu
    +1

I used dry shampoo for 6 days lol, if you have nowhere important to be i wouldnt worry about it too much, then you might be able to do it yourself over the bath if you need to keep dressings on ? x

Charlotte 7
    7p
    Menu

The saviours of dry shampoo I completely forgot! Thank you lol ☺️ I’ve been so sleepy from the painkillers my minds been all over the place lol. I’m hoping it won’t be too long before I can do it myself but it’s still painful stretching them when I do it by accident! X

Samantha 89
    89p
    Menu

I washed mine 5 days after, swung my head over the bath an took my time with it, happy healing chic ❀️❀️❀️

Helen 111
    111p
    Menu

i didn’t attempt it myself until 1 week post op as i booked into the hairdressers a few days after my op. i haven’t had to do it at all apart from that as i had my hair dyed today so i would avoid it and stick to dry shampoo as it can hurt your incisions bending over the bath. depends how you feel πŸ™‚ xx

Charlotte 7
    7p
    Menu

Thank you girls ? It still feels tight under my right boob, I think where the bandage is under the strapping so I won’t risk it and be safe! Luckily I’m not going anywhere that requires my hair washed just back to clinic where no doubt they’ve seen it all!? Xx

You must log in to reply to this topic.

Arrange a free consultation

Need some help?

Start a live chat session with one of our expert advisors.

Start Chat

Don't notify me about this again.