3 days post op today ?? Started by: Helen

• Author
    111p
    Menu

feeling a bit better today, just weird aches in the centre of my chest and under my armpits! have got out of bed and gone downstairs for a sit down with my mum to watch tv and i feel okay. is it alright to be out of bed and wandering round a bit? my op was on Monday, i am just so bored sat in bed and really uncomfortable too but seem a bit better once i am up and moving a bit. also is my strap in the right place? I think it’s moved since i got home and not sure where it’s meant to sit xx

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Menu

I moved my strap up a bit as it wasn’t pushing downwards on my muscles just inwards and once I moved it I felt loads of relief. Don’t know if that’s any help.

D.hayes 8
    8p
    Menu

I had my op last Thursday and was up and about the day after, had a shower and went for a little walk I think it is better to be mobile but I got tired quite quickly so slept a lot the few days after, I’m 6 days post op now and pretty much back to normal except for lifting heavy things and reaching up, hope your recovery goes well! X

demi wallace 17
    17p
    Menu

Yeah I got told not to stay in bed as your muscles will stiffen up or something. Just do little things but don’t lift anything and take your time 🙂

Helen 111
    111p
    Menu

thanks ladies this makes me feel a bit better, i feel a bit like a stroppy child at the moment I dunno whether i need sleep, a walk, food, painkillers, a bath etc 🙁 feel really happy and comfortable one minute then in pain and grumpy the next! hopefully it should settle fully by end of the week xx

You must log in to reply to this topic.

Arrange a free consultation

Need some help?

Start a live chat session with one of our expert advisors.

Start Chat

Don't notify me about this again.