3 weeks post op tomorrow. . ouch :( Started by: Laura

• Author
    12p
    Menu

Went to bed early lastnight with excruciating pain in my left breast and have woke up the same.. Feels like sharp shooting pains every time I take a deep breath around my ribs and incision area or like the pain I had going from lying down to sitting up position in my first week post op has suddenly came back on one side. Has anyone experienced this and can shed some light? My incisions don’t look any different and I don’t ever touch them unless patting dry with a clean towel so hoping infection is out of the question. My recovery has been so good and I’ve been up and out of bed doing things since 2 days post op. Hope I haven’t over done it 🙁

Laura 12
    12p
    Menu

Should prob mention I’ve been lying on my side most nights since 1 week post op. Sleeping upright wasn’t my strongest point :/ x

Julieg1 1
    1p
    Menu

I’m 3wks and have it in my left. The pain wakes me up. It’s like a hot poker being dragged across it. Asked the nurse and she said its ok as long as the pain isn’t continuous. As long as it comes and goes , not to worry.

Laura 12
    12p
    Menu

Thanks.. really reassuring to hear although still a nightmare! Hope your recovery is going well minus that x

Julieg1 1
    1p
    Menu

Ye thanks I’m doing well, just that annoying pain in my left. I think my left boob has a built in alarm clock, it’s always between 3-4am.

Menu

It could be you sleeping on your side! The nurse was adamant I shouldn’t even sleep on my back until after day 10 and then my side after 3 weeks if comfortable! You may have just made it sore and set yourself back in the healing process hun xx

Laura 12
    12p
    Menu

How annoying! I must be a heavy sleeper lol 🙂 uh oh had a feeling it might be how I was sleeping.. slept on my back last night and woke up with backache just can’t win.. theyre feeling fine again now so hoping it was just a little scare! Xx

You must log in to reply to this topic.

Arrange a free consultation

Need some help?

Start a live chat session with one of our expert advisors.

Start Chat

Don't notify me about this again.