3 weeks post op – when can you have a deep filled bath again?? Started by: Simone

• Author
    3p
    Menu

Hi girls,

I love my baths and wanted to know when can you have proper baths again? by proper baths i mean when you can fill it up so that your incisions are emersed in water. i usually have one every night. it would just be water i use and no bath salts until I get the go ahead from the nurse.

Thanks xx

chery
    0p
    Menu

I’m sure i remember the nurse telling me 4 weeks post op, but i may be wrong :/

Menu

I would check with your nurse hun, but I can’t see any reason why you couldn’t have a just water bath at this stage xxx

hush 1
    1p
    Menu

Im feelin like a minger already :‘-C xx

ros1705
    0p
    Menu

My nurse told me on day 12 that I could now soak in the bath so I would check, you should be able to now

Menu

Khanni, I asked my nurse the same thing after my op, she very bluntly told me not to have deep filled baths for the simple reason of bateria on feet, under arms and bum getting into incision sites. I would wait until you and your nurse are completely satisfied that all your wounds are fully closed and healed before having deep filled baths… and after that make sure you use a good anti-bacterial soap xxx

Simone 3
    3p
    Menu

ewwwwwww i didnt even think about that! makes sense i wont bother until after my 6 week check up. thanks girls :) x

Menu

Damn it, i’ve been having deep baths for about 3 days – only 14 days post op!

kimbo
    0p
    Menu

good advice michelle,lol i wouldnt of thought of that either but im more of shower fan myself.x

You must log in to reply to this topic.

Arrange a free consultation

Need some help?

Start a live chat session with one of our expert advisors.

Start Chat

Don't notify me about this again.