3 weeks today- telling parents?!?! Started by: Sophie Clare

• Author
    17p
    Menu

OMG!!
    It is quickly approaching, I have my BA op three weeks today(23rd) @ Fitzroy !! I think I am all prepared post and pre op (I hope).

I have told my mom and she is very supportive throughout my MYA journey however, my dad and my nan I am dreading telling!! I live with my dad so I need to tell him sooner rather than later. He is very old fashioned and so is my Nan, they think you shouldn’t mess with your body and cope with what nature has given you and I could of spent my money better else where lol- anyone have any tips or encouragement boosts to help me tell them lol ?

Thanks girlies xxxx

Sophie Clare 17
    17p
    Menu

?? ☺

Menu

Hey babe I’m having mine done 3 weeks today too at the Fitzroy. Just be honest with him, I was exactly the same telling my nan and grandad. My mum was really happy for me as she’s had her done too, but as my nan and grandad are quite old fashioned I didn’t really want to tell them so got my mum to do it!!!
    What are you having done? X

Menu

Sorry didn’t read properly just seen you’re having BA. What implants are you having xx

Menu

I told my mum and dad fine. My nana I slipped into normal conversation. I got offered a job which starts next week so when she was asking me about it, I just slipped in “I start middle of jan after I’ve had my surgery. I can’t wait the job is this……” Haha xxx

Menu

Well I think that it’s at that time I could be making it up haha!! I’ve got one bra, a macom one but going to get a couple of cheaper ones too. Are you ready? I’m so scared! Xxx

Sophie Clare 17
    17p
    Menu

I am ready yeah babe. I got two macoms an ill get a shock abs run one and M&S one for few weeks after surgery. Im so scared of the week recovery is main thing with sleeping upright, strapping and drains!!!! Xxx

Menu

I’m dreading the drains 🙁
    That’s probably what I’m worried about most!!! Xxx

Menu

You might be surprised. I expected my dad to say something but he was really supportive. xx

Sophie Clare 17
    17p
    Menu

I suppose if I get all the information and show them i have researched it and everything hopefully they will understand and stick by me. I keep going to tell an woosing out lol xxx

Vanessa 56
    56p
    Menu

my mum is furious with me but im doing this for me so im just walking on egg shells atm!xx

kelly3322 21
    21p
    Menu

I chickened out speaking to my mam face to face and ended up texting her. She’s not happy. She doesn’t know it’s in 2 weeks though….. Might have to pull my finger out and tell her exactly when it is. Whoops. Good luck xxx

Sophie Clare 17
    17p
    Menu

Hehe oh girls awful situation if family arnt happy but after an they see change how happy we are they will be fine !! Xx

kelly3322 21
    21p
    Menu

It is a horrible situation but…… Ive done the whole explanation of it’s my life and body and we onky get one life with no do overs. So I want to be happy now and not look back in a few years and wish I’d done it then. My other half wasn’t happy and still isn’t a 100% but he’s come round to the idea now because he knows how much I want them done. Xxx

You must log in to reply to this topic.

Arrange a free consultation

Need some help?

Start a live chat session with one of our expert advisors.

Start Chat

Don't notify me about this again.