4 days post op and feeling so poorly Started by: Sarah Victoria Foley

• Author

Hi girls

I had my op on 24th so 4 days ago now. I’m feeling so poorly. literally feel like I have zero energy. Feeling quite weak and faint/dizzy keep falling to sleep and generally feeling like crap. Did anyone else feel like this?

Kirsty 23
    23p
    Menu
    +1

Oh bless you I havnt had my op yet so can’t reallyguveyou muchadvise but I hope you feel better soon, your body has gone through a massive change.
    The only thing I can think of to try and give you a bit of energy is eating well sorry I’m not much help. Feel better soon sweetie xx

Daria m 26
    26p
    Menu

Make sure u are eating healthy food so a lot of vegies and fruits x bananas , blueberries helps to give you some energy. Give your body time , you will be fine soon . Drink a lot of water with lemon juice

Daria m 26
    26p
    Menu

And proteins like chicken x also fish , potatoes, broccoli.

Menu

Hi Sarah, I felt like this too the first week I was out of it I’m pretty sure it was the anesthetic for me. Just let ur body rest and try and eat well. If u r taking a lot of pain mess too that probably won’t help. Hope u feel better soon.

Anonymous
    1p
    Menu

@sarahfoley Terrible day today for me too. I was only in Friday morning though so only 2 days post op. Like you very depleted energy and very fatigued. I keep dropping off to sleep after getting up and going downstairs for 10 mins, can’t stand noise etc..feeling very hypersensitive. Must be normal. I’m just really hoping it subsides soon for us all ..and fast ! I didn’t bank on this. Trying to see bigger picture but today has been very challenging. Appetite zero. One thing that has just lifted me a little is one solpadeine effervescent tablet (codeine, cocodamol and caffeine ). Tightness on chest has been getting me down. It’s like they have been stapled on ?? Anyone else feel hunched over and very tight /hard chest?? Hope you feel better soon xx

Sophie
    0p
    Menu

Hi Sarah
    I also had my op on the 24th in London with dr Luz and feel today has been the best day so far I’ve been finding sleeping at night the worst before the op I was eating healthy and exercised every day so when I came out of the op I wanted to try and keep the eating the same I’ve had a green juice and a protein shake everyday and eaten load of fruit and veg and touch wood haven’t had constipation decided to come of the pain killers today and haven’t felt tired I do think the strong painkillers knock you out so sorry you’re feeling so awful I felt like that day 2 I think that was from lack of sleep try to rest and hopefully your be feeling great in a few days time.

Menu

Thank you for getting back to me girls, I honestly thought it was just me feeling like this, the day after the operation i was out and about to get my nails done. and to be honest with you i think I’ve just over done it. Like you said the lack of sleep seriously messes you up doesn’t it. I haven’t been eating much so that won’t help me. Yeah I feel really hunched over and so much pressure on my chest it’s ridiculous. I have got strapping on too which makes the pressure even worse. I also get a really weird sensation when I lean forward, had anybody else had that? I really didn’t think it would be this hard..Hope you’re all ok girlies and we don’t have to suffer for much longer, I’ve attached a picture of them today, right one Is slightly bigger from how the tape goes across me. xxx

Menu

it won’t let me upload my pictures but have a look on my profile. Do you think they look normal?

Anonymous
    1p
    Menu

For some reason I can’t see them. They are just tiny thumbnails but to reassure you my left is looking bigger than my right today , it’s just swelling on it though I’m sure of it. It’s high up top of boob. Don’t worry lots of change to go through still for us all. I just wish the heavy feeling would let up, its really debilitating. X

Rebecca 6
    6p
    Menu

I can assure you it’s totally normal, I felt like crap till day 4 but each day you do get better. Just eat, drink plenty of water and rest as much as you can and each day you will get better and better. I’m now day 13 and apart from slightly numb nipples, I’m almost feeling normal!

I remember feeling so fed up and that it was never going to end but it does, I promise 🙂 x

Menu

Here it is

Menu

Thank you girls for your comments, it’s making me feel so much better knowing you have all gone through it too. I will try and upload more soon

You must log in to reply to this topic.

Arrange a free consultation

Need some help?

Start a live chat session with one of our expert advisors.

Start Chat

Don't notify me about this again.