4 weeks PO and swelling is getting worse Started by: Jane

• Author
    2p
    Menu

Hi. I’ve now had my 4D vest off for 2 days and have just been wearing my spanx. I have found that my swelling has become worse. I’m not sure if it’s the tightness of the all in one constricting my tummy or something else. I feel that my tummy looked better about 2 weeks or so ago whilst I was still wearing all of the compression garments and it seems to have become worse. I’m trying to eat healthily so I don’t think it’s particularly that I’ve put loads of weight on in the last two weeks. Has anybody else experienced this or does anyone have any advice. I was quite depressed about it all last night 🙁

Emma 35
    35p
    Menu

Hey hun,

Don’t worry I think it’s quite common for this to happen. I found that for week 5 I had to wear the foam vest at night time, because by the end of the day (usually around 6-8pm) I was swelling up, and so the spanx were digging in too much causing pain and making lines on my skin which if left might have made hard lumps.

Then week 6, I just wore it a few nights in used if I’d had a day where I felt more swollen at night, generally the days I’d been doing more on my feet at work etc.

Today is the first day I’ve worn NOTHING! even after my 6weeks I wore normal high st spanx while at work to prevent swelling. Then I put the macom spanx on at night if I felt bit swollen.

You will get there hun 🙂 xxx

Emma 35
    35p
    Menu

Ps, buy high st spanx ( I went for sainsburys body one soooo comfy!! £8) and wear under your macom spanx. Will stop the macom creasing when you swell and making lines on skin which can make hard lumps. Buy 2 and rotate daily to stay clean and hygienic. X

Jane 2
    2p
    Menu

Thank you so much. I feel better now. I was starting to think it wasn’t worth it all. The macon does pinch a lot, especially one of them which seems much tighter than the other. I’l go to Sainsbury’ s today and spend some more money 🙂 The fact that even after your 6 weeks you’re still a bit swollen suggests it takes longer than you think. Did you start exercising again after the 6 weeks? I’m desperate to get back to it!! Thank you for the help. xxx

Jane 2
    2p
    Menu

Hi Emma,

Sorry to bug you about this, but just wanted to ask something. I followed your advice and have just been to Sainsburys and bought some for £8. Were the ones that you bought like big knickers that come all the way up but don’t have the upper body part? They are really comfy but not attaching further up. And they are like knickers which I haven’t thought about until now haha! Some wriggling is going to be needed when I need a wee! But it does feel more comfy x

Emma 35
    35p
    Menu

Yea they’re like big knickers ie come up as high as just below boobs. I found as long as I pulled it up and tucked it over or under my bra, and then put the garment over, it stayed put. I know it’s not very lady like, but what I did was just pull them far to the side when I needed a week, rather than undoing the Macon garment and pulling the shaper down!!

Emma 35
    35p
    Menu

Wee* not week!

Jane 2
    2p
    Menu

Haha that’s what I’ve been doing. Thanks again for your advice. Enjoy your new body and new clothes 🙂 x

Emma 35
    35p
    Menu

Just an update – don’t exercise!! Haha no I’m not saying don’t – but I’ve been trying to do a bit ( all I did was a brisk 20mins walk -daren’t run yet with the new boobies!!) then a LoooAd of squats cos it’s my bum and legs that are loosing their firmness since stopped exercising post op 6weeks ago 🙁 did this last 2days and both days SO SWOlLEN a few hours later!

So just go easy in – I thought I was but clearly not enough! I’ve read that exercising will cause the fluid to build up under skin again, which is why makes u swell. So if u do, maybe put garment back on (vest!!) afterwards for the night

I’m not gonna give up – didn’t do anything today but might try again in a few days! X

Jane 2
    2p
    Menu

Well, I’m in week 5 and so fed up, so the last 2 days went to the gym to do ‘light’ exercise. First day I went gentle on the bike for about 20 mins and then tummy started aching a bit, like when you’ve got really bad period pains so that made me stop. Yesterday I went on the treadmill and did fast walking with incline for about half an hour. that wasn’t too bad, but a wee bit achey afterwards. I think you’re right- I’m not going to do any more now at leat suntil the 6 weeks. I’m getting so frustrated because I really miss doing my yoga and because I haven’t told my friends, I have to keep making lame excuses as to why I’m not going to classes etc!! How frustrating is this? Was hoping that by 6 weeks it would all be back to normal but it doesn’t seem so. I still look swollen and I think the tummy probably looked flatter 2 weeks ago because it was constantly compressed in the 4D garment. I guess it’s obviously not as squashed in just the spanx so won’t flatten quite as much. I think my figure looks great with the spanx on hahaha maybe that’s the outcome for me-just keep wearing the spanx!! And the few lumps that I have don’t seem to disappear even though I’m having massages. Just hope everything will work itself out. xx

You must log in to reply to this topic.

Arrange a free consultation

Need some help?

Start a live chat session with one of our expert advisors.

Start Chat

Don't notify me about this again.