4 weeks too early for gym ? Started by: leighxxx

• Author

I feel fine….sleeping on my side…has anyone gone back to the gym at 4 weeks…i just wanna go on the stairmaster and take it stead…wont be moving arms or nothing much ? Xxx

Menu

I’d do what they say and stay away until 6 weeks. I just went for a walk after about 2 weeks and it really hurt….any movement in the body will hurt the boobs so I’d just wait a bit longer xx

Rachel -1
    -1p
    Menu

i was thinking of going back after 4 weeks and doing recline bike. not going the gym is going to KILL me xx

Anonymous
    -2p
    Menu

Sounds a bit too early that hun. I waited for 6 weeks, then started jogging again. It felt sooooo weird – I could feel the implants moving in the pocket – yuk! Another couple of weeks won’t hurt, after all, you need to protect those invetsments! x

Rachel -1
    -1p
    Menu

i defo wont be running for a good while after having them done. but ill be doing recline bike after 4 weeks. only the legs moving and back supported. i use the stairmaster a lot like yourself @leigh, i probably wouldn’t do that as its higher impact. recline bike would defo be fine though i reckon xx

Misfion 3
    3p
    Menu

Argh no! I hope it’s not too long before my dressings come off then xxx

Menu

How about a brisk walk? I know its not the same, but about 1 hour of brisk walking burns a bit less than 30 mins of running. You will still have some impact on your muscles (not as much as running, but better than nothing), but you won’t be running the risk of hurting yourself! If your desperate, try getting those weights you can attach to your ankles for a bit more resistance, and walking with a friend is loads of fun because you can have a chat without losing your breath haha. I know its not a hardcore gym sesh, but because we slow down activity so much after surgery, we need to take it easy getting back into it anyways. They say going back to the gym should be like a beginner again, so I think two weeks of brisk walking will be the perfect thing to get you back into it! Sorry if that’s not much help, but its what my mum recommended to me (she’s an expert when it comes to nutrition/bodybuilding/workouts) xx

You must log in to reply to this topic.

Arrange a free consultation

Need some help?

Start a live chat session with one of our expert advisors.

Start Chat

Don't notify me about this again.