5 days post op – emotional wreck Started by: Louise

• Author
    9p
    Menu

Hi all,

I’m 5 days post op and I can’t stop crying, I’m in so much pain. My chest muscles hurt so much and sleeping at a 45 degree angle is just killing my back. I have a broken tail bone which sticks out a bit funny and is having an awful lot of pressure put on it due to the sitting position which really hurts. I feel like I didn’t emotionally prepare myself enough for this. I knew it would be painful but I didn’t know it would be this bad. I just wish I could have an hour of no pain and feel like myself again ? Please someone tell me this will get better soon ?

Sarah 5
    5p
    Menu

Poor you Louise , I was very emotional in the second week , I think it was more the lack of sleep as I can’t sleep on back and upright , I didn’t find I slept a lot better once I was passed 14 days post op thou , which made me feel more like myself again , it must be very painful thou if you have a broken tail bone thou . Speak to your nurse cause mine told me that you can sleep with just a couple of pillows underneath you , and that I was making it to hard on myself by trying to sleep upright xx

Anonymous
    0p
    Menu

Awww Louise you poor thing….in pain and tired!! The pain WILL lessen with time. As Sarah said speak to your nurse. Have you got plenty of pillows? Can you spend the day in another place? I mean are you resting in bed during the day or do you sit on the sofa Because it could be worth having a change of position during the day. Hope that makes sense!

Hugs and stuff xx

Sam 13
    13p
    Menu

Yep can totally understand Louise X I’m still sleeping downstairs and struggling with sleep! I have a back condition as well, I’ve been using those stick on heat patches at night which is helping my back a bit X best tip is the pillows under the arms, it’s really helping X I also hope this improves soon x

Zoe 15
    15p
    Menu

I’m really struggling to sleep too I find if I turn my legs to a side it takes abit of pressure off my back and bum for a few hours but im still practically sat up. I’m finding it does get Easyer I’m one week po today and i still really struggle on a morning but I’ve been trying to do little things to keep me busy and I feel so much better during the day.. It’ll all be worth it soon xx

Louise 9
    9p
    Menu

@sarah-2 @vavavoom @madmamato5 @zoe-2
    Thanks so much for your comments girls, i was having such a bad night sorry to just spill it all out on here! Just needed to speak to people who could understand what i’m going through as my husband (as caring and patient as he is) just can’t understand. Thankfully i’m feeling loads better today, physically and emotionally, I’ve been up and about tidying and put some washing on. I was quite active yesterday which obviously hurt me last night but actually feels like it’s done some good this morning so i’m going to try and keep being more active.

Sarah – i’m now 6 days so hopefully this time next week things will be a lot easier. I’ve been using a travel neck pillow to sit on so my tail bone goes in the hole bit to take some pressure off which seems to help 🙂

Ella – I’ve been living on the sofa, its a big comfy corner sofa so i’ve been sitting here during the day and sleeping here at night too… maybe i’ll give the bed a go tonight just for a change of scenary!

Sam – I’ve got one of the microwavable beanie owls which has been an absolute godsend on my back, i’d recommend them to anyone! it smells of lavendar too which is pretty soothing!

Zoe – I actually did that last night, had my legs off to the side propped on a pillow it actually helped loads so i’ll do that again tonight.

I’M GETTING MY STRAPPING OFF THIS EVENING AT 7PM!!!! omg i honestly can’t wait!! I’ll actually get to see what all this pain has been for at last! 😀 😀

You must log in to reply to this topic.

Arrange a free consultation

Need some help?

Start a live chat session with one of our expert advisors.

Start Chat

Don't notify me about this again.