6 week check Started by: nikkijf

• Author
    0p
    Menu

Do you see your surgeon at the 6 week post op or just the nurse? If not can you request to see the surgeon aswell? x

kerry
    0p
    Menu

It’s the surgeon Hun x

Kirsty -4
    -4p
    Menu

The nurse told me I’d see surgeon at 12 weeks xx

Menu

i see the nurse at 1 week the surgeon at 4 weeks and then again at 9 months xx

nikkijf
    0p
    Menu

At my 1 week the nurse told me I’d see a nurse at 6 weeks then surgeon at 12 weeks??
    I’d ideally like to see surgeon as soon as I can really. xx

Kirsty -4
    -4p
    Menu

I saw the nurse at one, told I’d see her at 6 and surgeon at 12 weeks. I wonder why we are all told different xx

Menu

why would you see a nurse again at 6 weeks it really should be the surgeon to check ive got my 6 week check on Wednesday for my open rhino and ill be sseing the surgeon xx

nikkijf
    0p
    Menu

I know, wierd isn’t it. I might ring Mya and ask if I can see surgeon at 6 instead. Pointless asking my PC as she hasn’t been in touch once since the day before my op! xx

Menu

It should be the surgeon hun my nurse told me to make sure they gave me a appointment with the surgeon so he can check everything x

Menu

ring them nikki uve paid money so if you want to see the surgeon at 6 week check then you should be able to ahh mine has been really helpful i forgot it was 6 weeks everything has been arranged for me that’s mya for you babe xx

nikkijf
    0p
    Menu

Ah okay, I’ll give them a ring tomorrow. Thanks everyone xx

tracey 2
    2p
    Menu

mine is booked is with surgeon at 6 weeks ! when i had one of my chats before i booked it all i was told the 6 week po is with surgeon so i would check it is with them n not the nurse

Menu

As my surgeon left before mine, it was down to just see the nurse, but I put my appointment off until I could see the surgeon as I needed answers, still need them xx

Menu

its nurse at 1 week then nurse at 6 weeks then surgeon at 12 weeks and surgeon at 1 year. you only see the surgeon before 12 weeks if you have requested it or if there ia a problem .
    this is what i was told may be different for different clinics

ducky01 4
    4p
    Menu

Well that sucks for me as I traveled hundreds of miles to have my surgeon, guess I won’t be seeing him again cos I ain’t traveling 6 hours again..unless I have a problem!

Menu

You should be able to see your surgeon at your nearest office hun!!! I travelled to preston for my op but have seen Mr Mounir at newcastle and leeds x

ducky01 4
    4p
    Menu

Ahh really, although it would be at the Bristol clinic not sure if he’d come down that far. I’ll ring them tomo, all interested now 🙂 x

Menu

Where did you see him for your consultation hun?

ducky01 4
    4p
    Menu

Birmingham :/ that’s even too far for me I’m in Devon x

Menu

Ah right, I’m sure if you ring your pc they’ll sort something out for ya xx

ducky01 4
    4p
    Menu

Thanks hun fingers crossed, would like him to see the results really xx

You must log in to reply to this topic.

Arrange a free consultation

Need some help?

Start a live chat session with one of our expert advisors.

Start Chat

Don't notify me about this again.