6 WEEKS OFF GYM :(!!!!? Started by: salwa

• Author
    22p
    Menu

I met the nurse and so on she said 6 weeks off gym is advice?

Girls how long did you take off, I can’t stay off gym that log unless I really have to! It is my lifestyle, is it okay to start when you are healed? Xx

Lexi 7
    7p
    Menu
    +1

Hey Hun, the gym is such an important thing to me too and I’m going crazy from just having a week off so far but I know it’s worth resting so everything heals correctly and if you think about its only 6 weeks, that’ll fly by xxx

salwa 22
    22p
    Menu
    +1

Some girls say that 2 weeks they were back but light!? X

Nicole 12
    12p
    Menu

my nurse told me i could start light squats lunges and sit ups after 4 weeks, not too much though as they don’t use your chest muscles
    i definitely wouldn’t do anything for arms or chest as its nit worth the risk, she also said no swimming for 6 weeks min. x

Fionajsd 131
    131p
    Menu

I’ve had my six week check today and the advise was take it very easy at the gym x

Regina 38
    38p
    Menu
    +1

It does sound like a long time pre op but you probably won’t even feel up for it the first week or two with all the post op discomfort, excitement and worrying. And then the girls usually go back whenever they feel ready a they say the risks decrease after the initial 2 weeks and a lot of the surgeons allow you start with light cardio after then Xx

salwa 22
    22p
    Menu

Yh light cardio something I can’t not go gym for 6 weeks extremely light lifting!

Candy 58
    58p
    Menu

I’m finding it really hard too, i’m 2 weeks post op & can’t wait to get back! Xx

Menu

I’m going to find that really hard aswell. If I feel better after 3 weeks I’m going to go back and just do like an hour on the bike or something xxx

salwa 22
    22p
    Menu

It’s annoying I don’t want too much time off 🙁 was due to compete in june but moved it up to november thinking I’ll be healed x

Kasey 7
    7p
    Menu
    +2

I’m gutted about this too, however I was told can do light work on legs after two weeks. No arms belly or weights until after 6 weeks x

Sasha 5
    5p
    Menu

Hey girls, at my consultation I was told that I could walk as much as I like. As I am a runner and I like a bit of strength too, so I asked if I could do high incline on treadmill instead of running and she said it should be fine as long as I’m not bouncing around too much. cardio is apparently good for healing. She also said squats/lunges leg raises would be fine after two weeks as long as I don’t use weights and don’t do too much. So maybe try the light stuff and see how you feel. I am running or at a class at lease 5x a week so I am going to struggle too. Hope the six weeks goes quickly for you xxx

Menu
    +2

Hey girls, I’m 7 weeks post op and the first two weeks I was in a lot of pain/discomfort so gym was last thing on my mind, went back to the gym doing legs & bum 3 weeks post op and felt fine so carried on doing that till my 6 week check up. Been back to the gym 5 times this past week and I feel great, haven’t run yet but can easily do cross trainer with arms involved, light kettlebells, abs on roman chair (power tower), plank and jack-knife on stability ball and I have a feeling that I’ll be back to the weights I did pre op in a month or so.
    We pay a lot of money to have new boobs to match our bodies so 6 weeks is nothing really as your body needs to heal, it goes really quick, too!xxx

Regina 38
    38p
    Menu
    +1

I second that Kristina, nothing is worth sacrificing your health. Salwa, do you compete in bikini too? I missed out on pro card because I had no boobs last year haha it’s so unfair but such is the industry.. which show are you planning on doing? It’s a race against time to qualify for the finals in november 🙂 xx

Izzi 3
    3p
    Menu

I am a gym bunny too so am sad that i’ll need to take time off but i know its important for my body to heal and recover!
    my personal trainer had a BA and she said after 3 or 4 weeks i could do some light exercise but legs and bum only!

salwa 22
    22p
    Menu

Thanks girls! And Regina I was going t do pure elite but as soon as I got an opportunity for boobies I took it because it was the only time off I get :’)! So hopefully going to do UKBFF in November. I didn’t feel much comfortable I’m not flat chested ngl, I have C cups I just feel they’re too small for me haha but apparently they do judge on boobs in these comps… maybe not bikini but I want to compete in figure later on just good to keep some feminity x

You must log in to reply to this topic.

Arrange a free consultation

Need some help?

Start a live chat session with one of our expert advisors.

Start Chat

Don't notify me about this again.