7 weeks post op, nipples just not healing :( Started by: Lauren

• Author
    5p
    Menu

I actually hate my nipples! I had a nipple lift and their just not healing!! Driving me insane. Every dressing I put on, when I come to take them off the scabs come off with them (regardless of how long I keep them on for). I’m just sat in bed without dressings or bra on now to see if getting air to them will help. Any advice 🙁

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Stacey 496
    496p
    Menu
    +1

Id try to leave dressing off Hun having dressing on for too long accually keeps the moist in and stop the healing process after a while xx

Anonymous
    14p
    Menu

Hey hun hope ur ok! Looks quite painful! Post op I just had steri strips on my nipples and had them changed weekly for about four weeks at the surgery with my nurse. I would shallow bathe and use water wipes which do not contain any chemicals to cleanse my boobs if I couldn’t bathe as I was alone.

Keep them dry as possible and send pics through to ur nurse via email if she’s not aware of how they are reacting atm. Find out if u can cleanse them in-between dressing changes. The heatwave recently is cause for concern as bacteria can spread. 7 weeks post op they shouldnt be weeping tbh but see ur nurse if u can. Hope it clears up soon x

Lauren 5
    5p
    Menu

Thank you ladies. Just so fed up now, feel like there never going to heal. I’ve just put more dressings on. I sent the nurse pictures and I’m due back in the clinic on Friday so hopefully they start to scab over. There’s green puss on them aswell can’t really see it on this picture but nurse says there not infected xx

Anonymous
    14p
    Menu

Oh gosh hun! Have they said u can use savlon or tcb on it to reduce the chance of infection/clear puss? May be too strong tbh but worth a try maybe. Even antibiotics? Hopw u get comfy soon x

You must log in to reply to this topic.

Arrange a free consultation

Need some help?

Start a live chat session with one of our expert advisors.

Start Chat

Don't notify me about this again.