1 week post op help! Started by: Steph

• Author
    0p
    Menu

I had my op last Tuesday and I couldn’t justify travelling 3 hours to manchester to get my dressings checked so I went to my doctors and tThe nurse just took my plasters off and the sterie strips. She says my scars are really good and healing really well. But since they’ve came off I’m so sore and my bra is rubbing on my scars. I’m at work all day today too stood on a make up counter with high heels! Absolute nightmare 🙁 did anyone else at their one week post op leave without plasters on or did they get redressed? I’m tempted to wear no bra but you can see my nips ha!!

Emma
    0p
    Menu

I had steri strips put back on mine. You should of gone it may ruin your aftercare rights not going. Try pulling your bra below your incisions I’m told to wear mine like this but I’m 3 weeks now so not as sore xx

Jayde 1
    1p
    Menu

Mine absolutley killed me yesterday when I had them taken off it felt like it was stinging! And yeah it’s rubbing against my bra. She said just put some loose gauze there to stop the rubbing but not to pt a dressing back on coz the incision needs to breath! So just put some loose padding on there whilst ur working! Xx

Nikki
    0p
    Menu

Babes you’ve gone and broke terms with MYA now and will lose ur insurance! I too have to travel 4 hrs but I knew this before I put my deposit down….I advise you to give ur pc a call….x

Steph
    0p
    Menu

I spoke to her she never said anything about that. She just said to let her know how I got on at my doctors and is there’s any problems call and book an appoint with a mya nurse!? I didn’t even no I had insurance to be honest ! Ha! Xx

Nikki
    0p
    Menu

Lol! A pc says to me yesterday if I dnt go see her for a 2 week check ill lose all my insurance and aftercare which pissed me off as theres only a one week check and 6 week check in the paperwork grrm glad ur all good tho. My incisions felt horrible without the dressings on just pull u bra down xx

Michelle -4
    -4p
    Menu

I had all my dressings removed and incisions left bare, I know some girls go get steri strips to put back on!
    Mine wer fine after having my one week check up! I had more pain in my boobs in the second week but don’t think it was due to the dressings! Maybe change sports bra?
    I don’t know how your coping so soon back at work?! :-0 xxx

Anonymous
    0p
    Menu

I read someone broke the t&c’s by just going to their dr for antibiotics in relation to their op. Also from what the mya nurse said at my 1 week check up, each surgeon requests their own thing regarding aftercare. I had my dressings off at 1 week, with the strips replaced and covered with a waterproof dressing, then had those removed and the stiches trimmed on the second week. When my bra digs in I cover the scar with a cotton pad

You must log in to reply to this topic.

Arrange a free consultation

Need some help?

Start a live chat session with one of our expert advisors.

Start Chat

Don't notify me about this again.